Tuesday, September 02, 2008

FRINGE 2008 Videos - Buskers & Live Standup Comedy

The FRINGE in Adelaide is an event I try to get to every year no matter what else is occupying me. Now it has became an annual event the benefits for performers and the city are far more tangible. I believe it does prove that the City of Adelaide does have a vibrant puse and need to be serviced which the Fringe satisfies. Even though it has been far too long since I did a show during the Fringe simply because of other commitments. The fact is those commitments would not have been possible if the FRINGE did not exist.

This year I managed to get there for one day and one night and left satisfied but not saited, wanting more is a good thing though and in one night managed to get three shows in and explore the Garden of Unearthly delights during the day. The BUSKING competition is a terrific facet of entertainment and the quality of the buskers is sensational.

These two videos of some acrobatic buskers in Rundle Mall and the Live Stand-up of Steven J Whiteley are just some of the footage I got. In fact the two videos have been edited together for my entry into the ABC2 "Fanging It" travel program Check out my entry Profile name Talart248. After being shortlisted for the co-hosting I have followed up with this piece to get on the show in a directing capacity.






Thankyou for your time and attention, Geoff

No comments: