Thursday, October 17, 2013

Yes more distance is a fact in my golfing game...

Thursday 17/10/13, Dear readers and other believers in the mystic religion of WAKFUK, yesterday I wandered around for nine holes experimenting with the latest driver conundrum. This was done with a Cobra S3 ZL stiff flex (yes a white one) It is fortunate to have a mate who has that much underestimated devotion to the 'Must Have" tenet of WAKFUK. It was used as a comparison to the Cleveland SL290, shortened shaft in my bag. I do not espouse to the trial in net and on a range to justify a new driver in the bag. At the end of nine holes I am bemused by this experiment. Hitting into the wind and with the wind the ball went further and by that I mean significantly so. My playing partner commented that my swing seemed much slower with the Cobra. I believe this was because I was controlling the swing and not trying to push the limits of it in my hands. In essence it was to be able to compare it to how I play with the Cleveland. On the Final Hole I settled down and let fly off the tee with two drives with the Cobra and then played a more controlled drive. Then I hit two drives with the Cleveland which landed 1m in front and 2m short of the restrained Cobra drive and I mean that literally that accuracy with the Cleveland even surprised me! Comfortable 200m drives with a gusting cross wind. The First two though were draws and 220-230m drives. The result at this stage is I can get much more distance with the heavier Cobra and easily, the accuracy though is compromised for the minute. This is a moderate problem though as I played several drives and they went near enough to where i was aiming. What was particularly noticeable is the 'power' of the tee which propelled the ball so far with so little effort. Without doubt the Cleveland cannot deliver the distance of the Cobra. The conundrum as always for me is with a game based on control and accuracy from never being capable of hitting particularly long now I have to figure out how to play with that ability now available. I add this is not solely due to equipment but significant fitness improvement as the basis combined with technique from using the Dream Swing trainer. Thankyou for your time and attention hit the ball find the ball hit the ball Geoff

No comments: