Thursday, November 28, 2013

Still unsure what to have in the bag...

Since winning Division II of the Club Open there has been little opportunity to play competition golf. Which has been no problem enjoying the Ambrose event on last Saturday and in the main relaxing practise session to keep the form that has returned tuned. This week I have been using the Cleveland SL290 driver instead of the Cobra Encore. This is to answer the nagging question of whether I need to upgrade. Today I was hitting the drives 220 to 240 m off the tee with the Cleveland and doing so with full effort and the Cobra is on the same level. It feels as though less effort is needed with the Cobra of the tee, in comparison the SL 290 feels as though there is a little more in the tank that a change in shaft would deliver. This is the quandary that faces my golfing at the minute. Fitness is improved, technique and ability as well. Combined with the summer weather it is time to establish the final set up of my bag and chase that goal of a single digit handicap. All ths will be fun and the Kingston Summer open on the 14th of December is my next major competition to put my game to the test. Thankyou for your time and attention Thankyou for your time and attention, Geoff

No comments: