Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Championship playoffs this weekend...

Good weekend of golfing just past. My match play rounds are all on the coming weekend, first up the Semi final which I should win on Saturday. Play through that hurdle and it is the Quarter final against the defending club champion on Sunday. The rounds played on the past weekend were all club competition and whilst not too shabby the improvement from Saturday to Sunday was marked. Off the tee was again an issue on the first nine holes and added too many strokes to the score Saturday. Sunday I took the time to get out and warm up and the driver off the tee as back on target. Being a Par competition if it was not for a contact lens malfunction on the 17th hole I would have finished +2. Being +1 at the end of 18 holes was good enough. Same score as the club champion except he plays off 3 hcp and I am off 10 hcp. Fortunately I have this week settled to practise on my game, tuning up a few aspects that will give me a better foundation for the coming matches. Nothing special and no routine for "miracle improvement". Simply putting, chipping, driver and longer irons. The routine is well established the only addition is a routine to lessen the pulls to the left. It is great to play competition if, not the motivation to do the improvement practise would be lacking. With a reliable consistent swing established there is no need for hours of work. Common sense dictate how I practise, focused on targets derived from game results and the physical capability of myself. Thankyou for your time and attention Geoff

No comments: