Monday, December 04, 2017

Club Champion in 2017, I did it!

Dear Readers, May the 7th 2017 was the 36 hole match play club championship which I won 4 up with 2 to play. It has taken 30 years to win a club championship. The most awesome of experiences, at the end I was slightly overcome and then bounced back to a numbness that got me through the past couple of hours. Then to home showered and feeling the pleasure of this success. I had a plan, be 6 up after 27 holes and I was in with a chance. Had to get a doctors certificate to play in a cart, club rule for championships. Fact is, I would not have played 9 holes well if walking and game lost by mid twenties. Damn it I made the target 6 up after 27 with a 75 on the first 18 holes. Not bad golfing for man who has slipped out to 11 hcp in the past nine months. The injuries the golf were all fading on the last nine losing 4 in succession. Then on the 14th hole my practise and concentration delivered a birdie chip in back to 3 up with 4 to go, then a halved hole on the 15th followed by a win on the 16th and I am the 2017 club champion. Thankyou for your time and attention, Geoff

No comments: